Executive Head Chef Odran Lucey shares his top tips and the recipe for the perfect pancake.
- Try and use a ladle or the same spoon so it is giving you the same size pancake every time.
- Pancakes sticking to the pan is a common error that happens everyone so I would recommend using a non-stick pan and plastic spatula
- The pan should be hot first add a little oil then knob of butter allowing it to foam and then add pancake batter, always wipe the pan after every second one.
- 100 g self-raising flour
- 1 large egg
- 200ml buttermilk
- 20g caster sugar
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Butter for frying
- In a large bowl place, mix flour and sugar
- Make a well in the centre
- In a separate bowl, crack your egg, add the buttermilk, and zest of the lemon and mix together
- Pour this mix gently into the flour, stirring continuously, bringing the flour in from the sides to the centre
- Allow to rest for ½ hour
- Over a medium heat in a non-stick pan, add a knob of butter, pour about 50mls into the centre and cook until bubbles start appearing
- Turn and cook for another 2 minutes approx.
- Last step: Enjoy