Serves 8 people
• 8 chicken fillets
• 16 slices of streaky bacon
• 500ml butter milk
• 200g drained sweet corn
• 100ml cream
• Maple Syrup
Reduce cream by half, add corn and season.
Slice the chicken fillets in half across the breast, marinade in buttermilk for 4 /6 hours in the fridge.
Remove and dip into seasoned flour and deep fry at 170 degrees, for 4/5 minutes.
Grill bacon until nice and crispy.
Ingredients for seasoned flour:
• 250g flour (plain)
• 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
• 1 tablespoon garlic powder
• 1 tablespoon ginger powder
• Pinch of Chinese 5 Spice
•.5 tablespoon turmeric
• salt & pepper
• pinch of dried thyme
• pinch of dried oregano
• pinch of dried tarragon
• Mix all dry ingredients together
Homemade Waffle ingredients:
• 750g self-raising flour
• 35g baking powder
• 5 eggs whole
• 1.25ml milk
• 20ml vanilla essence
• 100g sugar
• Spray Oil
Method using Waffle Iron
• Mix all the dry ingredients together
• Mix all the wet ingredients together
• Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and whisk to remove any lumps, leave to rest in the fridge for 30 minutes
• Pre heat the waffle iron to 220 degrees Celsius
• Spray the iron with a spray oil
• Pour the mixture into the waffle iron be sure to fill to the edges, cook for 3 minutes
On a plate, place a spoon of the creamed sweet corn onto the hot waffle, then place the chicken on top along with the bacon, and drizzle with maple syrup
Serve with Sweet Potato Fries & enjoy!