As the days grow shorter and the crisp chill of winter fills the air, there is a deeply nostalgic sense of anticipation as we countdown to the magical season of Christmas here in Tralee. Tralee town holds a timeless beauty and warm hospitality which transforms into a winter wonderland attracting visitors from far and wide. Christmas in Tralee is a truly enchanting experience, and in this blog post, we unveil seven (7) exciting reasons why you should make Tralee your holiday destination this festive season.
1) Christmas Celebrations at The Rose Hotel
In addition to our world-class service and Kerry hospitality, we also know how to host spectacular lunches, gala dinners and the best corporate parties. This Christmas, we’ve curated a brilliant line-up of opportunities for the ultimate Christmas celebration at The Rose Hotel.
- Festive Afternoon Tea in the Rose Room: Our stylishly designed and beautifully executed dining room with a touch of genuine old-school glamour and charm.
- 2 or 3 course lunch/ dinner in the Park Restaurant: Enjoy an excellent dining experience including mulled wine and mince pies in the jewel in the crown of the Hotel.
- Festive Graze & Share Menu at the Rós Buí Terrace: This dining option is perfect for you and your friends to slow down and savour the finer things in life.
- Christmas party night on December 1st: Mulled wine and prosecco welcome reception with live music by Tanya O Sullivan, 4 course seasonal gala dinner, live band and DJ.
Contact us today to book your Christmas gathering and join us for the season of laughter, good food, seasonal drinks and of course, celebration.
2) Christmas Dining Menu
If there’s anything Christmas is known for here at The Rose Hotel, it’s luxurious decorations, festive music and of course, delicious food! Every year, we spice up our dining menu to include some Exquisite seasonal flavours and alluring tastes.
Intrigued? Here are some mouthwatering options from our Christmas menu:
· Duck Confit Spring Roll, Cucumber & Coriander Salad, Black Sesame Seeds, and Hoisin Dip (Starter)
· Roast Stuffed Turkey & Ham, Cranberry Compote and Roast Gravy (Main)
· Trio of desserts - Lemon and Raspberry Tart, Chocolate Opera, and Christmas Pudding (Dessert)
Book your Christmas Family Break today to enjoy all of these and much more. Your Christmas family break includes an 1, 2 or 3-night stay in a classic bedroom and a 4-course evening meal for adults in the Park Restaurant. Children's Tea is included for our junior guests & will be served at 5.30pm.
3) Siamsa Tire
Siamsa Tíre is the National Folk Theatre of Ireland and a pride of the Kingdom’s capital, Tralee. Only 10 minutes’ walk from the hotel, the theatre is a great place to enjoy a leisurely time as you appreciate Irish culture - music, song and dance. This Christmas, the experience is even more elevated!
Here are some of the exciting events to enjoy at Siamsa Tíre this season:
· By the light of the Silvery Moon (18th November, 2023)
· The Irish Rambling House – presented by Radio Kerry (29th November, 2023)
· ABBA Forever – presented by Tommy Swarbrigg (30th November, 2023)
· A Christmas Country with the stars – presented by JMG Music Group (12th December, 2023)
· An Cósta um Nollaig – presented by The National Folk Theatre Choir (17th December, 2023)
· Christmas Carol – Presented by Livin’ Dred Theatre (19th December, 2023)
4) Tralee the Christmas Kingdom
Every year, the Tralee Chamber Alliance hosts a number of captivating events for locals and visitors alike to delight in the season and spread the Christmas joy with friends and family.
These activities usually include: Festive flair in the Square, the Elf Trail, Elf on the loose, and a Santa Claus Show. Discover this year’s exciting line-up of activities presented by the Tralee Chamber Alliance here.
5) Christmas Markets - a segment of Tralee the Christmas Kingdom
Tralee comes alive with festive magic during the holiday season. One of these magical events is the Christmas market. The Christmas markets in Tralee are a delightful treat for locals and visitors alike, offering a truly enchanting experience.
With the scent of warm mulled wine and roasted chestnuts filling the air, the town centre transforms into a winter wonderland. Stroll along the cobblestone of Denny Street, the Mall and the Island of Geese adorned with twinkling lights and explore a variety of artisan stalls, where you can find unique handcrafted gifts and seasonal treats. The colourful decorations, jovial atmosphere, and the grand Christmas tree at the heart of the town create a joyful ambiance that warms the hearts of all who attend.
Tralee's Christmas markets are also the perfect place to embrace the holiday spirit and create lasting memories with loved ones.
6. New Years Eve and Fireworks - a segment of Tralee the Christmas Kingdom
As the clock counts down to the final moments of the year, Tralee ignites with a vibrant energy as the night is filled with celebration and enchantment. The highlight of New Year’s Eve is undoubtedly the spectacular fireworks display that lights up the night sky in the town centre.
Join the town to witness the breathtaking bursts of colour and light, creating a mesmerizing visual symphony. The atmosphere is also filled with joy and anticipation as the crowd comes together to bid farewell to the old year and welcome the new with open hearts.
7) Christmas-themed Tourist Activities
Tralee is the capital of the Kingdom of Kerry – the unofficial Tourist Capital of Ireland. Needless to say, there are a ton of Christmas-themed tourist activities and attractions to delight and partake in this season. Some of these tourist activities are:
· Aqua Dome
· Tralee Bay Wetlands & Eco Activity Park
· Kingdom Greyhound Stadium
· Bowling Buddies
· Predator Paintball
· The Playdium
Not to mention the dozens of pubs, shops and other local businesses with can’t-miss Christmas sales, promotions and offers!
With its unique blend of Irish hospitality and festive spirit, Tralee is the perfect place to enjoy the Christmas season and then ring in the New Year with a bang.