Since April 2021 the team at The Rose Hotel have undertaken vigorous training in order to implement an effective Environmental Management System to reduce the hotel’s future carbon emissions. We have achieved this through the 50 Shades Greener method, which has helped us:
1. Measure - quantify our usage of utilities including waste, water and energy
2. Observe - our staff’s behaviour around utility usage and our hotel’s ability to manage and conserve resources effectively
3. Implement – ensure the Green Action Plan, devised by the green team, is employed successfully
4. Monitor & Report - after reducing the hotel’s carbon emissions, we are committed to monitoring our progress on a monthly basis.
Our Green Team meets regularly to discuss ways we can take our commitment to sustainability further, and deliver on our Mission Statement:
The Rose Hotel is committed to strive continually towards a sustainable operation through the consistent reduction of our carbon footprint on a yearly basis.
We aim to reduce waste, especially in the areas of landfill and food waste, and we intend to improve on our achievements every year.
Energy reduction and savings through efficient monitoring of lighting, equipment and heating systems is a priority.
Water conservation is a vital part of our sustainability efforts and through the successful observation of staff and customer behaviour, it has been possible to implement processes that reduce our water consumption.
• July 2021 – approved Green Business by Fifty Shades Greener
• April 2022 - CTH Level 4 Certificate in Environmental Sustainability in Hospitality awarded to Odran Lucey
• May 2022 – Gold Level Award, Fifty Shades Greener
• January 2023 – Green Business Emerald Award, Fifty Shades Greener
Read our full Environmental Policy here.