We are truly looking forward to welcoming our customers to The Rose Hotel from 29th June! As we prepare for re-opening the hotel we want to reassure you that our warm welcome and hospitality is to the forefront of every step we are taking to ensure you have a safe stay with us.
I would like to assure you that we are working on enhanced operating procedures which place the safety of our colleagues and guests at the heart of everything we do. Being in the hospitality sector, we have always prided ourselves on the reputation of caring for everyone, this now, more than ever is paramount in everything we do. With guidance from the Irish Hotels Federation, Fáilte Ireland and the Department of Health we have devised a comprehensive re-opening protocol which will, without doubt, prove safe for colleagues and guests alike. These include the following:
- All our staff will be certified with the Safe Destination Programme in conjunction with Kerry ETB & Kerry County Council.
- A risk assessment has been completed by Patricia Casey of Safety Matters.
- Our HACCAP (Hazard Analysis & Critical Control Points) plan has been fully updated with all recommended guidelines from governing bodies.
So what can you expect when you visit us in the coming weeks? We are on the countdown to 29th June when the hotel re-opens, so here is a guideline to our operating procedures:
o Social Distancing
- A new norm for all of us now, we will have simple and effective social distancing signs in place so we can all interact and engage but in a safe way. We have decided to implement 2 metre social distancing in the hotel regardless of new guidelines if they come into effect, just as an extra safety precaution.
o Arrival to the hotel
- Our main hotel car park is available as normal, and please remember we have the underground car park available as well, please follow the directional signage to access the underground car park.
- Please use our normal entrance to the hotel, now guests will enter and exit the hotel through separate doorways.
o Hand Sanitisation
- On arrival please use our hand sanitisation stations in the lobby & throughout the hotel during your stay.
- Our staff, front and back of house, have been re-trained on hand washing procedures and we have increased the frequency of handwashing throughout the hotel.
o Meet & Greet
- A member of our team will meet you on arrival in the lobby to welcome you and guide you in the right direction.
- Visible floor markings and signage will guide you to reception, our Receptionists will observe social distancing whilst checking you in.
- In advance of arrival you will have received pre stay information regarding pre-payment so we can simply check you in electronically & issue your key card. Please be assured any technology required during the process has been sanitised.
- We will only be delighted to confirm restaurant reservations and dining times on check-in or give you any additional information you need for your stay. Remember to pick our brains for all our local knowledge and great places to visit during your time in Tralee!
o Public Areas
- We will have designated employees in our public areas including ground floor, public toilets, lifts, bedroom lift lobby areas and corridors who will frequently sanitise these areas, please see notices regarding lift usage.
o Guest Rooms
- Now more than ever our award winning accommodation team will ensure a thorough and comprehensive cleaning and sanitisation program is in place for all guest bedrooms and bathrooms.
- We have introduced a ‘fogging’ pre cleansing process that takes place before we deep clean bedrooms after every departure, you will see a seal on your door as you enter the room confirming that this process has taken place, just another safety step to assure you as you begin to relax and unwind during your stay with us.
- Some non-essential items will be removed from our bedrooms as recommended by government guidelines, but our usual services such as tea/coffee facilities, iron/iron board, safe etc. will still be in place for your convenience.
- We will provide sealed sanitising hand wipes for your own added hygiene measure.
- Newspapers, magazines and guest directories will be removed from guestrooms, please dial ‘0’ if you need any information.
o Dining & Beverage
- We have reviewed our dining areas and seating arrangements to ensure social distancing is in place.
- Our menus will be printed on suitable material to ensure thorough cleaning and sanitising of menus before and after use.
- Tables and chairs will be cleaned and sanitised between each use.
- Single use condiments will be used.
- Table cloths are changed between each sitting.
- Drinks will be available by table service, your waiter will only be too happy to take your order and serve to you.
- We encourage contactless payment, asking guests to pay by card where possible.
- Our team have completed advanced Covid-19 specific safety and hygiene training.
o Dott’s Bar
- Table service will be available for our popular breakfast menu from 9am – 12noon and for light snacks and bar food from 12noon – 9pm.
o Park Restaurant & Rose Room
- Breakfast will be a combination of cold buffet items and cooked to order selections from the kitchen. All buffet items will be covered and individual portions where possible.
- Our table d’hote dinner menu will be served from 6.30pm-9pm.
o Rós Buí
- Rós Buí will serve drinks for residents from 5pm-10pm.
o Room Service
- In room dining is available for light snacks and dinner from 12-9pm, to order please dial ‘0’.
- Breakfast room service will be available, please choose items from your room service breakfast menu & dial '0' to order.
o Serenity Spa - Re-opening 20th July
- Our Spa brochure will have the same great selection of face and body treatments available when we re-open, and we are delighted to offer guests 10% off Spa treatments as a re-opening offer.* Each treatment will be carried out to ensure social distancing and safety guidelines are in place. We are unable to provide make-up applications until further notice. (*Discount does not apply to beauty treatments)
- Our therapists have completed enhanced training to ensure our services are delivered with safety and hygiene as a primary focus.
- Spa guests can use their treatment room as their changing area before/after their treatment, extra time will be allocated to ensure you have enough time.
- Additional time will be allocated in between treatments to ensure the treatment room is cleansed and disinfected after each use. The amount of treatments completed per day will be reduced.
- Our team will wear the necessary personal protective equipment to perform treatments.
- We have removed all non-essential common touch points from our spa area, including brochures, magazines and fruits bowls.
- Our changing room, relaxation room, steam room and sauna are temporarily closed as a precautionary measure.
o Spirit Gym - Re-opening 20th July
- The positioning of equipment has been revised in Spirit Gym to ensure we meet social distancing guidelines.
- We ask that guests come ready to use the gym and shower afterwards in their bedrooms as the changing rooms will be closed in accordance with guidelines.
- We are limiting the capacity in our gym by allowing access for residents only to ensure social distancing is in place. We ask guests to use disinfectant spray on machines after use.
- Regular deep cleaning and sanitisation of communal areas is carried out by our team throughout the day. All surfaces and common touch points are sprayed and disinfected multiple times each day. Additional cleaning staff have been allocated to these areas.
o Behind the scenes
- Please be assured that all our staff who work behind the scenes whom are a very important part of making your stay comfortable and enjoyable have all been trained in our new Health & Safety Guidelines. From kitchen staff, maintenance, accounts, reservations and all our colleagues behind the scene we want to ensure your stay is enjoyable and you feel safe in The Rose Hotel.
If you would like to download a copy of our guidelines, click here.
Once again we are looking forward to welcoming you to The Rose Hotel from 29th June, and if you require any further information before then regarding your visit or stay please do not hesitate to contact us.