We are truly looking forward to welcoming our customers back to The Rose Hotel, when we re-open on 2nd June, 2021. We want to reassure you that our warm welcome and hospitality is to the forefront of every step we are taking to ensure you have a safe stay with us. I would like to assure you that we have enhanced our operating procedures which place the safety of our colleagues and guests at the heart of everything we do. Being in the hospitality sector, we have always taken pride in having a great reputation of caring for everyone, this now, more than ever is paramount in everything we do.
With guidance from the Irish Hotels Federation, Fáilte Ireland and the Department of Health prior to re-opening the hotel, as we did in 2020, we have put in place a comprehensive re-opening protocol and is now part of our daily procedure which has without doubt, assured and ensured the safety for colleagues and guests alike. These include the following:
- All our staff are certified with the Safe Destination Programme in conjunction with Kerry ETB & Kerry County Council.
- We are accredited with the Failte Ireland Covid 19 Safety Charter.
- A risk assessment has been completed by Patricia Casey of Safety Matters.
- Our HACCAP (Hazard Analysis & Critical Control Points) plan has been fully updated with all recommended guidelines from governing bodies.
So what can you expect when you visit us in the coming weeks?
o Social Distancing
- A new norm for all of us now, we have simple and effective social distancing signs in place so we can all interact and engage but in a safe way.
o Arrival to the hotel
- Our main hotel car park is available as normal, and please remember we have the underground car park available as well, please follow the directional signage to access the underground car park.
- Please use our normal entrance to the hotel, now guests will enter and exit the hotel through separate doorways.
o Hand Sanitisation
- On arrival please use our hand sanitisation stations in the lobby & throughout the hotel during your stay.
- Our staff, front and back of house, have been re-trained on hand washing procedures and we have increased the frequency of handwashing throughout the hotel.
o Meet & Greet
- A member of our team will meet you on arrival in the lobby to welcome you and guide you in the right direction.
- Visible floor markings and signage will guide you to reception, our Receptionists will observe social distancing whilst checking you in.
- In advance of arrival you will have received pre stay information regarding pre-payment so we can simply check you in electronically & issue your key card. Please be assured any technology required during the process has been sanitised.
- We will only be delighted to confirm restaurant reservations and dining times on check-in or give you any additional information you need for your stay. Remember to pick our brains for all our local knowledge and great places to visit during your time in Tralee!
o Public Areas
- We have designated employees in our public areas including ground floor, public toilets, lifts, bedroom lift lobby areas and corridors who will frequently sanitise these areas, please see notices regarding lift usage.
- In line with updated public health advice, we would appreciate if our guests and customers wear face masks in public areas of the hotel, until seated for meals. Let's keep safe together.
o Guest Rooms
- Now more than ever our award winning accommodation team will ensure a thorough and comprehensive cleaning and sanitisation program is in place for all guest bedrooms and bathrooms.
- We have introduced a ‘fogging’ pre cleansing process that takes place before we deep clean bedrooms after every departure, you will see a seal on your door as you enter the room confirming that this process has taken place, just another safety step to assure you as you begin to relax and unwind during your stay with us.
- Some non-essential items will be removed from our bedrooms as recommended by government guidelines, but our usual services such as tea/coffee facilities, iron/iron board, safe etc. will still be in place for your convenience.
- Newspapers, magazines and guest directories will be removed from guestrooms, please dial ‘0’ if you need any information.
- Meeting Rooms
- In line with government guidelines our meeting rooms are operating at 60% capacity, delegates attending must be immune (fully vaccinated or recovered from COVID-19 within previous 6 months), and the booker of the event should ensure that delegates are immune in advance of the event.
- Delegates attending meetings are required to wear face masks while in public areas and when not seated at the meeting. Hand sanitiser points available on entry/exit to the hotel should be used.
o Dining & Beverage
- We have reviewed our dining areas and seating arrangements to ensure social distancing is in place.
- Our menus are presented on suitable material to ensure they can be sanitised before and after use, we also use single use menus in some areas.
- Tables and chairs will be cleaned and sanitised between each use.
- Single use condiments will be provided.
- Table cloths are changed between each sitting.
- Drinks will be available by table service, your waiter will only be too happy to take your order and serve to you.
- We encourage contactless payment, asking guests to pay by card where possible.
- Our team have completed advanced Covid-19 specific safety and hygiene training.
o Dott’s Bar
- Dott's Bar is currently open for residents for lunch and dinner.
- We are open to non-residents for lunch from 12.30pm-4pm, first come first served basis, (pre booking is not available).
o Park Restaurant & Rose Room
- Breakfast will be a combination of cold buffet and cooked to order selections from the kitchen. All buffet items will be covered and individual portions where possible.
- Our table d’hote dinner menu is be served daily from 5.30pm-9pm.
- Afternoon Tea will be plated and served individually to each guest, from 2pm-4pm.
o Rós Buí
- Rós Buí will serve drinks for residents from 5pm-10pm.
o Room Service
- In room dining is available for light snacks and dinner from 12-9pm, to order please dial ‘0’.
- Breakfast room service will be available, please choose items from your room service breakfast menu & dial '0' to order.
o Serenity Spa
- Our Spa brochure has the same great selection of face and body treatments, each treatment will be carried out to ensure social distancing and safety guidelines are in place. We are unable to provide make-up applications until further notice.
- Our therapists have completed enhanced training to ensure our services are delivered with safety and hygiene as a primary focus.
- Additional time will be allocated in between treatments to ensure the treatment room is cleansed and disinfected after each use. The amount of treatments completed per day will be reduced.
- Our team will wear the necessary personal protective equipment to perform treatments.
- We have removed all non-essential common touch points from our spa area, including brochures, magazines and fruits bowls.
o Spirit Gym
- Opening Hours: Monday-Sunday, 7.00am-9.00pm.
- 2 metre social distancing to be observed.
- Spirit Gym is open for residents, please contact Reception for access.
o Behind the scenes
- Please be assured that all our staff who work behind the scenes whom are a very important part of making your stay comfortable and enjoyable have all been trained in our new Health & Safety Guidelines. From kitchen staff, maintenance, accounts, reservations and all our colleagues behind the scene we want to ensure your stay is enjoyable and you feel safe in The Rose Hotel.
Once again we are looking forward to welcoming you to The Rose Hotel, and if you require any further information in advance of your arrival please do not hesitate to contact us.